- About the Event
- Local watercolours and more! Portraits, equestrian etc. "A birds eye view from a buggy". Corn dollies - demonstrations - meet "Dolores" and "Miranda". Tweet
- Event Type
- Exhibition, Open Studio
- Lecture/Talk/Discussion, Painting/Drawing/Illustration
- 01823 400432
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00 11:00 - 17:00
- Further Information
I am a self-taught artist -an enthusiastic amateur, maybe?! Have always loved drawing and painting from a very early age: from 2 years old, I have been told. My main interests are in countryside subjects; a deep love of horses in particular; wildlife, animals in general, also portrait work -usually in watercolour, but sometimes acrylic, because I like the fast-drying qualities they offer. I'll paint pretty much anything that takes my fancy, really...sometimes rather humorous! Recently I have been painting many local scenes in and around my home locality in Milverton - I have walking problems, so my camera and trusty scooter are invaluable – the joke is that this “buggy” goes places no such machine has ever been seen before… (have only got stuck twice - so far).
I make Corn Dollies; I learnt this craft many years ago, and restarted working with straw again comparatively recently; I enjoy inventing my own designs - hence “Dolores” & “Miranda”! I will be demonstrating this during the Festival, so come along and say “HELLO”.
- Map Loading...
- PolthurneButtswayMilvertonSomersetTA4 1LY
- For Venue Information
- 01823 400432
- Disabled Access
- Limited Disabled Access (Slight incline from road - one step to negotiate otherwise level.)
- Toilets Available
- Dogs Allowed
- Directions (By Car)
- From Milverton take road posted Bathealton/Springrove. First bungalow on left just past recreation ground.
- Further Info
- Dogs allowed in garden only.