Saffron Summerfield and Hazel Prior
- Singer/musicians playing Jazz, Blues, Folk and contemporary songs
- About the Event
- Songwriter/ Guitarist and Celtic Harpist perform original arrangements of Jazz and Blues Standards, Celtic Tunes and new songs inspired by Exmoor. Followed by tea and cake. Tweet
- Event Type
- 01984 248254
- Booking Contact
- Penny01984 248254
- Booking Info
- Advance booking is required. Ticket Price £7.50 (restricted view £5)
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed 14:15 - 15:00
- Further Information
Perform lively and original music to suit any occasion. Their repertoire is a rare mix: quirky arrangements of Blues & Jazz standards, traditional songs, beautiful Celtic tunes and Saffron's new songs Inspired by Exmoor.
‘Their unique combination of harp, guitar and singing went down really well and added a very special feel to the event. They played such a wide selection of material too …quite stunning’ (IAN AND PAULINE MAWBY, PULHAMS MILL, BROMPTON REGIS).
‘Hazel and Saffron began their musical partnership after playing in The Toucan Cafe. Both were extremely popular. ‘As solo musicians they are very accomplished - as a duo they are fantastic!’ (SALLY EVELEIGH, THE TOUCAN CAFE, MINEHEAD)
Saffron is a well - established, UK based singer/songwriter. She has written songs for two Channel 4 films, BBCR4's 'Start the Week' and many other radio programmes both here and in Europe. She has recorded seven albums, played and sung in many venues in the UK, Europe, USA, Hong Kong and New Zealand.
Hazel (Celtic Harp, Voice) studied music at Dartington College of Arts. She has played her harp for the Ferrara Music Festival in Italy, a Shakespeare play at The Tobacco Factory in Bristol, residential centres, story-telling project.
The online purchase of tickets (TicketSource) will be turned off at midnight on Friday 11th for all Saturday concerts, and at midnight on Saturday 12th for the Sunday concerts.
Seats for all concerts can still be reserved over the weekend by phoning the Box Office on 01984 248 254, or emailing RadMusFest@yahoo.co.uk.
Tickets can be collected from the BOX OFFICE at Raddington Church or Rectory Barn on arrival.
- Map Loading...
- St Michael's Church, RaddingtonRaddingtonWiveliscombeTauntonSomersetTA4 2QW
- For Venue Information
- 01398 361626
- Chipstable with Waterrow
- Disabled Access
- No Disabled Access (Access to church via field or steep path. Access to Rectory Barn via 3 steep steps.)
- Toilets Available
- Guide Dogs Only
- Tickets for tea, coffee and cake, light lunches, simple suppers - as per each performance.
- Directions (By Car)
- Approach only via B3227 Wiveliscombe/Bampton road at Petton Cross. Turn to Raddington TA4 2QW. Follow signs.
- On site and locally with marshalls and shuttle transport.
- Further Info
- Raddington’s historic St Michael’s Church stands in a grass field, with foot access only, so suitable footwear should be worn. Rectory Barn is close to the main car park. Access roads are paved single track, so a directed traffic system to and from the car parks will be in operation. Drivers are requested to follow Festival signs. There is a distinct gradient to the Church. A car park shuttle minibus will be available. For all events we advise you to bring cushions; for evening events torches and a rug are also advisable - also robust footwear. PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME FOR ARRIVAL.
Events At This Venue
|Event Type||Event Title||Disciplines||Dates (see event page for full info)|
|Community||An Evening of Baroque Delights||Music||13th|
|Community||Clayhanger String Quartet||Music||12th|
|Community||Let The Celebration Begin||Music||12th|
|Community||Saffron Summerfield and Hazel Prior||Music||13th|
|Community||Songs for a September Sunday||Music||13th|