Songs for a September Sunday
- Voices of Exmoor Choir
- About the Event
- The Voices of Exmoor choir present a short concert of lively and light-hearted pieces to lift your spirits before the autumn evenings draw in. This mixed voice choir based in Dulverton is well known for the warmth of its performances. Tweet
- Event Type
- 01984 248254
- Booking Contact
- Penny01984 248254
- Booking Info
- Advance booking is required. Tickets £12.50 (restricted view £10.00)
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed 12:00 - 13:00
- Further Information
The Voices of Exmoor choir is made up of individuals who just wish to sing, and, in so doing, can spread an enthusiasm for their love of music to all. The choir was formed in 2005, when 16 singers from the three churches in Dulverton came together under the direction of April Golding for a “one-off” event. Ten years later the choir goes from strength to strength, now with 40 singers.
The choir presents two main concerts each year - one in the summer and one before Christmas. Proceeds from the concerts are donated to charities. Charities supported have included the Calvert Trust Exmoor, The Samaritans, St Margaret's Hospice, The Children's Hospice, Macmillan, Marie Curie and various local charities. For 2015 our charity is the Air Ambulance. Over the last few years we have donated many thousands of pounds.
This year's Summer Concert celebrates the10th anniversary of the choir and will be a lively and light-hearted mixture of favourite songs from recent concerts along with some new material. Our contribution to the Festival will be based on this entertaining selection.
The Musical Director for Voices of Exmoor is April Golding. April trained as a singer but stumbled into church music and choral direction by happy accident. She founded and directed the Corpus Christi Boys' Choir for 25 years and retired to Exmoor 11 years ago. After some persuasion from Father Robert Miller of St Stanislaus, Dulverton, she agreed to form a small group for a one-off event.........the rest, as they say, is history
The online purchase of tickets (TicketSource) will be turned off at midnight on Friday 11th for all Saturday concerts, and at midnight on Saturday 12th for the Sunday concerts.
Seats for all concerts can still be reserved over the weekend by phoning the Box Office on 01984 248 254, or emailing RadMusFest@yahoo.co.uk.
Tickets can be collected from the BOX OFFICE at Raddington Church or Rectory Barn on arrival.
- Map Loading...
- St Michael's Church, RaddingtonRaddingtonWiveliscombeTauntonSomersetTA4 2QW
- For Venue Information
- 01398 361626
- Chipstable with Waterrow
- Disabled Access
- No Disabled Access (Access to church via field or steep path. Access to Rectory Barn via 3 steep steps.)
- Toilets Available
- Guide Dogs Only
- Tickets for tea, coffee and cake, light lunches, simple suppers - as per each performance.
- Directions (By Car)
- Approach only via B3227 Wiveliscombe/Bampton road at Petton Cross. Turn to Raddington TA4 2QW. Follow signs.
- On site and locally with marshalls and shuttle transport.
- Further Info
- Raddington’s historic St Michael’s Church stands in a grass field, with foot access only, so suitable footwear should be worn. Rectory Barn is close to the main car park. Access roads are paved single track, so a directed traffic system to and from the car parks will be in operation. Drivers are requested to follow Festival signs. There is a distinct gradient to the Church. A car park shuttle minibus will be available. For all events we advise you to bring cushions; for evening events torches and a rug are also advisable - also robust footwear. PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME FOR ARRIVAL.
Events At This Venue
|Event Type||Event Title||Disciplines||Dates (see event page for full info)|
|Community||An Evening of Baroque Delights||Music||13th|
|Community||Clayhanger String Quartet||Music||12th|
|Community||Let The Celebration Begin||Music||12th|
|Community||Saffron Summerfield and Hazel Prior||Music||13th|
|Community||Songs for a September Sunday||Music||13th|