An Evening of Baroque Delights
- Sarah Davies and Friends playing in St Michael’s Church
- About the Event
- An evening of baroque chamber music, performed on period instruments. Music by Bach, Purcell and other Baroque composers. An interval with wine and nibbles followed by a simple supper in the Rectory Barn. Tweet
- Event Type
- 01984 248254
- Booking Contact
- Penny01984 248254
- Booking Info
- Advance booking is required. Tickets £15.00 (restricted view £12.50)
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed 17:00 - 18:55
- Further Information
Sarah Davies and friends all met at ‘Baroque Week’ – a music summer school that offers a chance for chamber musicians to immerse themselves in baroque music, with help and guidance from experienced tutors. With a shared passion for both baroque chamber music and performing in the more intimate chamber ensemble, the five friends decided to organise a number of concerts outside of the summer school.
The ensemble is led by Peter Collier, well known as a continuo player, who plays in many ensembles in Manchester. The other musicians are Sarah Davies (soprano), Morven Brown (Flute), Keiko Harada (violin), David Brereton (Violin), Carole Dowding ('cello), Peter Collier (Harpsichord).
The group perform on period instruments at baroque pitch and in a historically informed style, aiming to capture the spirit of the music as well as an authentic sound. Repertoire includes music by all the much loved composers of the 17th and 18th centuries, including Bach, Handel, Purcell and Telemann, as well as a number of lesser-known but equally exciting composers.
The concert at Raddington Church will include a selection of music from their repertoire to suit this unique setting.
The online purchase of tickets (TicketSource) will be turned off at midnight on Friday 11th for all Saturday concerts, and at midnight on Saturday 12th for the Sunday concerts.
Seats for all concerts can still be reserved over the weekend by phoning the Box Office on 01984 248 254, or emailing RadMusFest@yahoo.co.uk.
Tickets can be collected from the BOX OFFICE at Raddington Church or Rectory Barn on arrival.
- Map Loading...
- St Michael's Church, RaddingtonRaddingtonWiveliscombeTauntonSomersetTA4 2QW
- For Venue Information
- 01398 361626
- Chipstable with Waterrow
- Disabled Access
- No Disabled Access (Access to church via field or steep path. Access to Rectory Barn via 3 steep steps.)
- Toilets Available
- Guide Dogs Only
- Tickets for tea, coffee and cake, light lunches, simple suppers - as per each performance.
- Directions (By Car)
- Approach only via B3227 Wiveliscombe/Bampton road at Petton Cross. Turn to Raddington TA4 2QW. Follow signs.
- On site and locally with marshalls and shuttle transport.
- Further Info
- Raddington’s historic St Michael’s Church stands in a grass field, with foot access only, so suitable footwear should be worn. Rectory Barn is close to the main car park. Access roads are paved single track, so a directed traffic system to and from the car parks will be in operation. Drivers are requested to follow Festival signs. There is a distinct gradient to the Church. A car park shuttle minibus will be available. For all events we advise you to bring cushions; for evening events torches and a rug are also advisable - also robust footwear. PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME FOR ARRIVAL.
Events At This Venue
|Event Type||Event Title||Disciplines||Dates (see event page for full info)|
|Community||An Evening of Baroque Delights||Music||13th|
|Community||Clayhanger String Quartet||Music||12th|
|Community||Let The Celebration Begin||Music||12th|
|Community||Saffron Summerfield and Hazel Prior||Music||13th|
|Community||Songs for a September Sunday||Music||13th|