'Young Performers' Showcase Classical Music
- About the Event
- Young Performers from Queen's College, Wellington School and Richard Huish College playing a repertoire of group and solo pieces in a variety of classical styles. Choristers from the Daniell-Greenhalgh family (4DGs) perform classical pieces. An interval performance by the Frivolous Winds Trio. Tweet
- Event Type
- 01984 248254
- Booking Contact
- Penny01984 248254
- Booking Info
- Advance booking is required. Ticket Prices £7.50
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed 14:15 - 17:00 Closed
- Further Info
- Frivolous Winds will be playing during the interval 15:20 - 15:50
- Further Information
Young musicians playing a repertoire of group and solo pieces in a variety of classical styles.
The 4DGs: Meiling, Esme, Theo and Sabina Daniell-Greenhalgh will perform songs and violin pieces. Following on from her sister Meiling, Esme is currently an Exeter Cathedral chorister and will be joined there in September by her brother Theo.
Alastair Thorn, Violin. Joshua Hathaway, Piano and Hannah Gurd, Clarinet from Richard Huish College playing a Trio performance from the French composer Darius Milhaud together with solo repertoire on Clarinet and Violin
Daniel Seow (14) - violin, Freddie Ruthven (15) - classical guitar, Megan Too (16) - violin. These three talented soloists from Queen's College will be performing a selection of repertoire in a range of styles.
Wellington School Musicians.
Frivolous Winds entertain during tea. This Trio of Flute Clarinet and Bass Clarinet has delighted audiences over the years with their sparkling playing, repertoire and informal delivery. All three are professional musicians – Christine now living in London and Louise and Hilary, teachers and performers in Somerset. This afternoon’s performance will have something for everyone – from a Divertimento on the theme of Three Blind Mice to Mozart and Scott Joplin.
The online purchase of tickets (TicketSource) will be turned off at midnight on Friday 11th for all Saturday concerts, and at midnight on Saturday 12th for the Sunday concerts.
Seats for all concerts can still be reserved over the weekend by phoning the Box Office on 01984 248 254, or emailing RadMusFest@yahoo.co.uk.
Tickets can be collected from the BOX OFFICE at Raddington Church or Rectory Barn on arrival.
- Map Loading...
- Rectory Farm, RaddingtonRaddingtonWiveliscombeTauntonSomersetTA4 2QW
- For Venue Information
- 01398 361626
- Chipstable with Waterrow
- Disabled Access
- Not Specified (Access to Rectory Barn via 3 steep steps)
- Not Specified
- Not Specified
- Directions (By Car)
- Access is from the B3227 Wiveliscombe/Bampton Road at Petton Cross (SatNav use EX16 9BS - not Raddington) then follow directions.
- Car parks are a minimum 5 minute walk.
- Further Info
- Raddington’s historic St Michael’s Church stands in a grass field, with foot access only, so suitable footwear should be worn. Rectory Barn is close to the main car park. Access roads are paved single track, so a directed traffic system to and from the car parks will be in operation. Drivers are requested to follow Festival signs. There is a distinct gradient to the Church. A car park shuttle minibus will be available. For all events we advise you to bring cushions; for evening events torches and a rug are also advisable. PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME FOR ARRIVAL.