Clatworthy Community Exhibition
- 100 years of Clatworthy life 1915-2015
- About the Event
- Displays depicting changes in population, farming, lifestyle and topography. Includes photographs, family and parish records, artefacts and crafts. Church with 12th century tower opened to view WW1 memorials. Enjoy with tea and cakes or at the Barbecue on Saturday 12th. Tweet
- Event Type
- Community, Exhibition
- Books/Paper/Calligraphy, Mixed Media, Photography/Film/New Media, Textiles/Fashion
- 01984 629042
- Booking Contact
- Sally Moran01984 629042
- Booking Info
- No entry fee for the exhibition. BBQ - Adult £6.50; Child (under 13 years of age) £3.50
- Age Info
- All ages welcome.
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed Closed 14:00 - 18:00 13:00 - 18:00 13:00 - 18:00
- Further Info
- BBQ Saturday 12th 19:00-22:00. Booking is essential for catering purposes please.
- Further Information
Displays include kitchen and farming implements gleaned from local farms and properties plus crafts and other paraphernalia from the community.
Pictures and maps show the reservoir dam and village of Syndercombe lost under the water. See how the landscape changed when the valley was flooded in the fifties and how remnants reappeared during more recent drought.
View photographs about modern country pursuits supported by Clatworthians, from hunting, shooting and fishing, to showing of prize animals and whippet racing.
Learn about changes to properties, people and lifestyles in the parish, including redevelopment of barns and cottages and the twentieth century addition of social housing in the village..
Visit the church of St Mary Magdalene to learn about and to pay respects to Clatworthy men lost in the Great War and to view the stained glass and 12th century tower, which houses four bells of which the eldest dates from 1599.
The Village Hall (the school until 1948) is central to our community. You are most welcome to join us here for tea and homemade cakes. If coming to the Barbecue on Saturday 12th September, early bookings would be appreciated.
- Map Loading...
- Clatworthy Village HallClatworthyTauntonSomersetTA4 2EQ
- For Venue Information
- 01984 629042
- Disabled Access
- Full Disabled Access (Steps and incline to church only.)
- Toilets with Disabled Facilities
- Dogs Allowed
- Hot and cold drinks and homemade cakes.
- Directions (By Car)
- From Wiveliscombe Square, follow signs to Clatworthy. Turn right into village. Church is on left and Village Hall on right.
- Parking along the lane outside village hall.