- About the Event
- Marcís original artwork for illustrated maps of Somerset on display, with prints on sale, including ĎCeltic Arthurian Somersetí. Exhibition of pen-and-ink and watercolour illustrations from childrenís books, commissions and collaborations, including Pedr aír Blaidd/Peter and the Wolf (with Ensemble Cymru). Tweet
- Event Type
- Open Studio
- Books/Paper/Calligraphy, Painting/Drawing/Illustration, Printmaking
- 01984 624457
- Booking Info
- Free entry
- Age Info
- All ages welcome
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00 10:00 - 18:00
- Further Information
Marcís original artwork for his new series of illustrated maps of Somerset will be on display in his studio, with prints on sale, including ĎCeltic Arthurian Somersetí. This map has illustrations of the earliest recorded Arthurian stories in the places across the county in which they are set, from Exmoor to Bath, from the Severn Sea to Cadbury.
There will be an exhibition of the project Marc was working on during the last 10 Parishes Festival Ė Pedr aír Blaidd (Peter and the Wolf). A cycle of thirty pictures, the illustrations were part of a collaboration between Marc, Ensemble Cymru, bardic poet Gwyn Thomas and film actor Rhys Ifans, which brought the first Welsh language version of Prokofievís work to concert halls across Wales (with Marcís pictures projected behind the musicians), culminating in a performance at St Davidís Hall, Cardiff. It was broadcast on S4C on Christmas Day.
The exhibition will also include some of Marcís pen-and-ink and watercolour illustrations from childrenís books, commissions and collaborations. Marc has illustrated some 50 childrenís books, working with authors and poets including Michael Rosen, Tony Mitton, Grace Hallworth, Chris Awdry and Sid Fleischman.
Marc offers illustrator visits to schools, libraries and festivals on various themes, including 'Illustration - Bringing Words to Life' and 'Draw Like a Saxon!'
Marc will be drawing during the Festival Ė so come and see how pictures develop from roughs to finished artwork!
- Map Loading...
- Champflower StudiosMiddle Coombe FarmHuish ChampflowerTauntonSomersetTA4 2HG
- For Venue Information
- 01984 624457
- Huish Champflower
- Disabled Access
- Disabled Access with Assistance (Shallow step and door frame.)
- No Toilets
- Dogs Allowed
- Directions (By Car)
- From Huish, up hill (signed 'Upton') 0.7 miles; turn right down West Coombe Lane. Park where indicated (field or yard).
- Where indicated in field or yard.
- Further Info
- Dogs on leads, please.