Wiveliscombe Walkers are Welcome
- "Walkers are Welcome" Towns - embroidered quilt block
- About the Event
- Wiveliscombe was the first town in Somerset to achieve “Walkers are Welcome” status in 2009. Ann Sharman and Alison Durnford designed and embroidered a quilt block to represent Wiveliscombe, which, along with those of other towns, will be displayed. Tweet
- Event Type
- 01984 624777
- Booking Info
- No charge.
- Age Info
- All ages.
- Opening Times
Sat 5th Sun 6th Mon 7th Tue 8th Wed 9th Thu 10th Fri 11th Sat 12th Sun 13th 10:00 - 12:30 10:00 - 16:30 10:00 - 13:00 10:00 - 13:00 10:00 - 13:00 10:00 - 13:00 10:00 - 13:00 10:00 - 12:30 Closed
- Further Information
Wiveliscombe was the first town in Somerset to achieve the “Walkers are Welcome” accolade in 2009. This national organisation was founded in 2007 and has been growing rapidly with now about 120 towns. The aim is to promote communities with good, well maintained walking facilities and thereby contribute to their economic, physical and mental well being.
In 2014 each community was asked to design and embroider a quilt block to represent their town. These have been assembled and will be displayed in Wiveliscombe House for the duration of the Festival. The Wiveliscombe block was expertly made by Ann Sharman and Alison Durnford and is easily recognisable by its Brewery Tower and typical rolling landscape.
Information about “Walkers are Welcome” and walking in Wiveliscombe will also be available in Wiveliscombe House.
- Map Loading...
- Wiveliscombe HouseThe SquareWiveliscombeSomersetTA4 2JT
- For Venue Information
- 01984 624777
- Disabled Access
- Limited Disabled Access (One step off the road.)
- Toilets Available
- Guide Dogs Only
- Directions (By Foot)
- In The Square opposite The Co-operative Shop and next door to the Chemist.
- Directions (By Car)
- Park in either of the two free car parks - Croft Way or North Street - and walk to The Square.
- Directions (By Public Transport)
- From Taunton or Dulverton bus No 22, which stops in The Square.
- In nearby free car parks - Croft Way or North Street.